Little Known Facts
1. The only 15 letter word that can be spelled without repeating a letter is uncopyrightable.
2. The word 'checkmate' in chess comes from the Persian phrase 'Shah Mat', which means, 'the king is dead'.
3. All porcupines float in water.
4. The longest word in the English language, according to the Oxford English Dictionary, is pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis. The only other word with the same amount of letters is pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconioses, its plural.
5. An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain.
6. No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange, silver, and purple.
7. A snail can sleep for 3 years.
8. 40% of all people who come to a party in your home snoop in your medicine cabinet.
9. The combination 'ough' can be pronounced in nine different ways. The following sentence contains them all: A rough-coated, dough-faced, thoughtful ploughman strode through the streets of Scarborough; after falling into a slough, he coughed and hiccoughed.