Monday, March 31, 2014

April Photos

Hello everyone. I didn't travel any place this month that could compete with Maui, so I had to go into the archives and find a few old pictures I liked. I also wrote a brief commentary on the last one. Hope you enjoy......George



Dallas, Texas Arboretum

         
                                             Sunset Cozumel, Mexico


                               Campbell Island, British Columbia, Canada


                                  Cherry Blossom's Washington, DC


                                               Unknown young woman, Tombstone, AZ

I took this picture while visiting Tombstone, AZ; of Gunfight at the OK Corral fame. It was hanging on a wall inside a building and when I saw it, it instanly caught my attention. What captivated me was her expression. Who was she, what things did she like, and what were her dreams? I had the strange feeling that somehow I knew her! But she lived circa 1885 so that was impossible.

Looking at her reminded me we are only around for a brief period of time and then we pass the planet on to the next generation with their hopes and dreams for the future. 

There are tales of persons who say they lived other lives in other times. Could it be possible she and I had been a couple. That we had a great life together filled with love, laughter, dancing under the stars, and maybe even a little old fashioned TTWD! I know it is not logical, but when I look at her photo, I miss her! 

Blessings......


6 comments:

  1. She looks SASSY George! I think for sure you'd be the one spanking her!

    I love the BC picture and the apple blossoms. In a month from now the apple blossoms SHOULD normally be out behind our house. This year I am not holding my breath!
    love
    willie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Willie, you're right she does look sassy! I would love to spank her......wait, I did spank her back when we were a couple in 1885!

      Despair not, spring is just around the corner and you will be out tending you're garden under the shade of the old apple trees in no time!

      love,
      George

      Delete
  2. Love the spring pictures George!

    And I always do that with old photographs too......wonder who they were, what were their dreams, what happened to them.... It's a bit haunting - especially when you feel like you've connected with one.

    hugs,
    Cali

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cali, I am glad to hear that I am not alone in my fascination with people in old pictures. It is amazing how sometimes we are drawn to a particular photo more than others. Each individual had a distinct personality with hopes and dreams; they laughed, loved, they cried. Haunting is an excellent description of how I feel about this girl. I told Nina that was actually her back when we lived together in the old west!

      Blessings,
      George

      Delete
  3. Always love your photo posts George :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Roz, thanks. I am glad you enjoyed them. Sorry to hear about your computer :-(

      Blessings,
      George

      Delete